Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Mickleham Village Hall

FAQs

Mickleham Village Hall - Hiring FAQ's

**PLEASE NOTE: Charges are substantially reduced for hirers who live in Mickleham or Westhumble, for regular users and for whole-day hire.**

1. How do I find out if the Hall is available to hire on a particular date?

Call Mrs Deanna Darnell (07790 941601) to find out whether the Hall is available. She will also be able to give you details of the hiring fee so that you will be able to complete the Hiring Agreement Form.

2. What is the Hall's policy on alcoholic drinks?

You may serve alcoholic drinks (in accordance with UK law), but if you wish to sell alcohol you will need specific permission. See the Hiring Agreement Form for more details.

3. How do I make a booking?

You should first check by phone that the Hall is available on the day you require it, and get confirmation of the hiring costs. Next, please complete the appropriate agreement form, which you can download from the 'Hiring Agreement Forms' link. The form must be returned within 10 days (contact details at bottom of form), along with your payment consisting of two cheques, one being the full hiring fee amount, the other your security deposit which will be returned in 28 days as long as there are no breakages.

4. When is payment due?

Full payment is due at the time you make your booking. Cheques should be made out to Village Hall Mickleham.

5. Why am I being asked for a deposit as well as the hiring fee?

This is a security deposit, and it will be returned to you in 28 days as long as there are no damages. In the case of last minute cancellation, if the Hall is not clean and tidy or if there are breakages, your deposit will go towards the costs of cleaing, replacement, etc.

6. Can I hire china as well?

Yes, the Hall has available china, cutlery and full dinner and tea sets. After securing your date, along with the Hiring Agreement Form you should also fill out the China & Cutlery, Teasets form. Please note that these items are also available for you to hire for use in a venue other than the Hall, but priority is given to Hall rentals. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to return china and cutlery in clean condition; an additional charge will be levied if there is need to wash items.

7. How many people does the Hall hold?

The Hall has a maximum capacity of 200 people, or 150 seated, or 96 for dining.

8. Do I need to hire tables and chairs?

No, tables and chairs are included in the hiring fee for the Hall. It is also possible to hire tables and chairs to take to another venue, but priority is given to Hall bookings.

9. Is there a dishwasher at the Hall?

Yes, there is.

10. Does the Hall have a sound system?

Yes, a sound-and-loop system and an upright piano are available by arrangement.

11. How many cars can be parked at the Hall?

12. How much does it cost to hire Mickleham Village Hall?

We charge by the session.

The sessions are:

• Morning - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
    • Afternoon - 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
    • Evening - 6:00 pm to 11:30pm

The standard session charge is £55 Sunday to Friday, except for Friday evening when the charge is £110.

On Saturday the morning and afternoon session charge is £66, with £115 for the evening session.

**PLEASE NOTE: Charges are substantially reduced for hirers who live in Mickleham or Westhumble, for regular users and for whole-day hire.**

Please contact Deanna Darnell (07790 941 601) to find out about the charges that apply to you. Remember to include time for setting-up and clearing away when booking your session(s).